Buying a New or Used Stairlift
If you are thinking of buying a used or second-hand there's a few things to consider:
Can I Save Money By Installing The Stairlift Myself?
- DIY installing stairlifts is not advisable. It can result in serious injury and harm.
Will I Save Money Buying Second Hand?
- This depends on a number factors, was the stairlift removed correctly are its parts complete? expect extra expense if these parts are missing.
Will I Have The Stairlift Repaired When I Need To?
- Stairlifts consist of lots of moving parts which are expensive to replace if they fail.
There's No Difference Between Used and New?
- There's a big difference - have you seen the used stairlift working? What was it like to ride? What was it's history? These are all questions that need to be asked.
I Don't Need A Warranty
- How long can you live without your stairlift? With no instant access to a help & parts through a warranty contract, you may expect weeks for a repair.